Skip to product information
1 of 10

elemintalshop

House of Independence at Tucumán 10 Pesos Argentina Authentic Coin Money for Jewelry (Casa de Tucumán) (Declaration of Independence)

House of Independence at Tucumán 10 Pesos Argentina Authentic Coin Money for Jewelry (Casa de Tucumán) (Declaration of Independence)

Regular price $7.63 AUD
Regular price Sale price $7.63 AUD
Sale Sold out
Taxes included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
I'm Cheaper By the Dozen

House of Independence at Tucumán 10 Pesos Argentina Authentic Coin Money for Jewelry and Craft Making (Casa de Tucumán) (Declaration of Independence)

Obverse: Independence House at Tucuman
Lettering: CASA DE TUCUMAN
REPUBLICA ARGENTINA
Translation: Tucuman House
Republic of Argentina

Reverse: Value, date at bottom
Lettering: 10 PESOS

Features
Issuer Argentina
Period Federal Republic (1861-date)
Type Standard circulation coin
Years 1984-1985
Value 10 Pesos (10 ARP)
Currency Peso argentino (1983-1985)
Composition Brass
Weight 4 g
Diameter 20.8 mm
Thickness 1.8 mm
Shape Round
Orientation Coin alignment ↑↓
Demonetized 09-30-1991
Number N# 5241
References KM# 93, Schön# 93

Wikipedia:
The Casa Histórica de Tucumán (meaning "Historical House of Tucumán" in Spanish, officially Casa Histórica de la Independencia) is a historic building and museum located in San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina, built during the colonial times. The Congress of Tucumán worked in this house during the Argentine War of Independence, and issued the Argentine Declaration of Independence on July 9, 1816. It was nationalized decades later, and partially demolished for its poor condition. It was declared a National Historic Monument of Argentina in 1941, and reconstructed, with simplified details.

The Argentine War of Independence began in 1810, and the battle of Tucumán was fought in September 24, 1812, outside the city. The Laguna-Bazán family was not living in the house at the time, which was used as a barracks for the troops of the Army of the North. The government established the customs and the Regimental depot in 1815, paying a fee to the owners of the house for it. The Congress of Tucumán, with representatives of most provinces of the United Provinces of the Río de la Plata, began to work in 1816. Family tradition maintained that the Laguna Bazán donated the house to the state for the Congress and that other families and religious orders donated furniture for it, but historian Ramón Leoni Pinto proved in 1974 that the house was rented to the state and that the furniture was built by slaves for the event.

The Congress began to work on March 1, 1816, and issued the Argentine Declaration of Independence on July 9. The Congress continued its work up to February 1817, when it was moved to Buenos Aires.

View full details